Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:06:39 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Blaz Zupan <blaz@amis.net>
Cc:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>, Panagiotis Astithas <past@netmode.ntua.gr>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.2-BETA hangs on boot

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0011171842440.1487-100000@titanic.medinet.si> Blaz Zupan writes:
: > # Sure, but I don't quite understand why it says "irq 0". Is that the same as
: > # leaving the "irq" part out alltogether?
: >
: > The best I can tell it puts pcic in polling mode.  I could be
: > wrong. :)
:
: Ok, then it is the same as leaving the "irq" part out alltogether.

Leaving out irq altogether will mean that users can't edit it in
userconfig on boot.  That's the difference.  Subtle and stupid, but
the least bad of a bunch of bad alternatives.

Warner