Date:      Fri, 05 Aug 2005 21:25:32 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@haven.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: putting HESIOD, Appletalk and IPX on notice

Poul-Henning Kamp writes:

>I think it is time we deorbit HESIOD in toto.

OK - please give it _plenty_ of time.

>At the same time, making Appletalk and IPX "opt in" facilities by
>putting them under
>	YES_IPX
>and
>	YES_APPLETALK
>boolean build options seems a sensible move.

Cool. I think the standard is "WANT_FOO", but that is a detail. It
may be an idea to make these default to "off" in releases, but keep
them in HEAD until they become too painful to care about. That
would probably handle the CYB factor the best.

Mark R V Murray
What is the most interesting question you have asked?
What, if any, was the answer?