Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 14:36:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian>
To:        hackers
Subject:   New Networking framework for BSD

I have (mostly) written a new networking framework for BSD
which allows us to achieve nearly all the features of STREAMS,
but with hopefully more flexibility.

I am initially using this with  some Frame relay stuff but it will
eventually be filled out more I hope, with modules for
ISDN, ATM and other transport  level modules. As well it has
the built in ability to allow arbitrary 'graphs' of processing nodes,
to be created and configured. It has no inherrent 'up or 'down'
as streams has..

I'd like to lay it out before a few people and discuss it
and get comments.

I'll be writing a  short description today. If anyone is interested,
let me know and I'll send you a copy!

julian