Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:44:21 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, Shixin YU <iku317@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to enable Network?

Indeed, it looks like your NIC is missing and may be the "unknown card".
Disregard ny earlier suggestion about /etc/hosts....

At 09:59 AM 1.13.2002 -0500, Bill Moran wrote:
>On Sunday 13 January 2002 09:58, Shixin YU wrote:
>> Dear FreeBSD users:
>> I installed the FreeBSD 4.4 release by network,and
>> recently I mis-rebooted during the process to upgrade,
>> so now,I can only boot from the "kernel.prev",but it
>> seems that I cannot use the network anymore, so can
>> you please tell me how to enable the network?
>
>If you boot from kernel.GENERIC can you use the network?
>
>I'm assuming that you built a custom kernel. Is that correct?
>If so, it's possible that you removed the driver for your
>network card from your kernel. At least that's what it sounds
>like from your description.
>
>--
>Bill Moran
>Potential Technology technical services
>http://www.potentialtech.com

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American
http://www.sage-american.com
jacks@sage-american.com

"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat;
....situation excellent! ....I shall attack!"