Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 17:16:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: My Pine woes: smpt lost, mail sits in queue

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, Ken Marsh wrote:

> I decided to take you up on your suggestion. Now pine is sending my mail
> into the queue as I would expect, and sendmail -q returns no errors.
> However, the mail still sits in my queue.
>
> I must warn you, before today, i didn't know I even HAD sendmail on my
> system. I guess it's standard issue...

Yes...but you may not have it running.  You have to either start it up
from sysconfig with some flags (-bd, I think) or put it in rc.local
or even rc at the end.  If it's running it should show up in ps ax.
Pine is a user agent for reading mail; sendmail is a transport agent
for getting it out the door after you compose it.

> I tried to change the line as you suggested:
>
> To queue the outgoing change the line in sendmail.cf that says 0di
> to 0dq.  And/or add this to sendmail flags
>
> my sendmail.cf does not have any text matching "0d" at all.
> I'm not sure what to add the the sendmail flags.

Sorry, my mistake.  It's Odi, not 0di.