Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 16:35:09 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        wpaul@freebsd.org, dfr@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Weirdie in mountd perhaps you can help me with...

On Nov 8,  1:38pm, Doug Rabson wrote:
} >
} > The corresponding mount request also succeeds at the end of this timeout.
} >
} > Any ideas?
}
} My guess is that it is trying to DNS resolve a badly formed address.  The
} timeouts for this are pretty long.  Impossible to tell without knowing the
} arguments to gethostbyaddr and res_query :-(.

That would be my suspicion.  Try:
	env RES_OPTIONS=debug mountd -d
to turn on debugging in the resolver and enable the undocumented mountd
debug mode so that it doesn't go into the background.

			---  Truck