Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:03:18 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Michael Pearce <mpearce@coreth.com>
Subject:   Re: CDROM Boot Failure?

Michael Pearce <mpearce@coreth.com> wrote:

> Is there a known problem with booting the 3.3 CDROM's, or did I just get a
> bad disk?  My 3.1 and 3.2 CD's boot fine.

     There's a known problem where 3.3 CDROM's don't boot on some (all?)
IDE CDROM drives.  It'll boot fine off SCSI CDROM drives, though.  The
workaround is to create the boot floppies, boot off them, and then
install from CDROM.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.