Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 1995 21:58:40 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Scott Mace <smace@metal-mail.neosoft.com>
Cc:        gpalmer@freefall.cdrom.com (Gary Palmer), ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcl/tk/tclX/dp/incr-tcl/etc

> All it would take to integrate them all is a patch to tclX.
> There exists a distribution of everyting integrated, but I thought
> it would be silly to download a tarball of everything
> when presumably you would allready have all of the individual tar files.
> I work with the one of the primary authors of tclX, so its a matter of me

I see nothing wrong with building ports that do nothing more than
depend on other ports and then combine the results together in
interesting ways.  The ports mandate is changing somewhat, now that
things are starting to appear in multiple categories and we're getting
"meta packages" as well as packages.

In the long run, I expect the line between packages and the ports
collection to blur into meaninglessness.  At that point, I think
Satoshi will have to determine whether or not the "mission statement"
for the ports collection has changed!

					Jordan