Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 2013 17:11:04 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        toolchain@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Apple's GCC 42 enhancements (was Re: [CFT] Experimental gcc update).

Hi;

I committed the patches from Google's old gcc 4.2.1.

I would like to work slowly on bringing some changes from
Apple's GCC now. I have particular interest in -fwritable-strings
and the block support, mostly with the idea of making our gcc
somewhat more compatible to clang.

Maybe someone is interested in something else so I thought
I would share this site I set up:

http://code.google.com/p/apple-gcc/

I basically uploaded several apple gcc42 versions as SVN
revisions so I can check changes between different versions
and generate diffs.

If I have time I would also like to merge back some of our
fixes to Apple's GCC but for now it is just a tool to examine
the existing GPLv2 changes from Apple.

Enjoy,

Pedro.