Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:42:44 +0200
From:      User Gandalf <gandalf@messias.qhigh.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   scponlyc on 6.1

  Hello,

I have installed scponlyc with the chroot option:

#cd /usr/ports
#cd shells/scponly/
#make -DWITH_SCPONLY_CHROOT

I have used scponly on Linux before, so I knew that there is a special
makefile inside.

#cd work/scponly-4.4/
#make jail

I have created a new chrooted, scp only user. Here are the files that
were created by 'make jail':

./bin:
echo    pwd
./etc:
pwd.db
./lib:
libc.so.6       libcrypt.so.3   libcrypto.so.4  libmd.so.3      libz.so.3
./libexec:
ld-elf.so.1
./public_html:
./usr:
bin     lib     libexec
./usr/bin:
groups  id
./usr/lib:
libasn1.so.8    libcom_err.so.3 libgssapi.so.8  libkrb5.so.8
libroken.so.8   libssh.so.3
./usr/libexec:
ld-elf.so.1     sftp-server

Now if I try to do 'su -l scpuser' then I do not get any error messages
but nothing happens. If I try to login with WinSCP, it tells me that my
shell is incompatible with bash.
Is this a problem with the port? What am I doing wrong?  What logfiles
should I check? (/var/log/messages tell nothing...)

Thanks,

   Laszlo