Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 19:56:55 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        john d taylor <jdtaylor@digitalinksystems.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IDE CD Burner

john d taylor wrote:

> Are there any opinions or known problems with burning cd's using an IDE
> CD-R/W? Just data - no audio cd's though I imagine that does not make a
> difference in this. Thanks for help with new FreeBSD user issues.

We have an HP IDE cd burner in one of our 'backup' machines here, works like a
charm... In fact, I gave up with the SCSI one we have in another machine, as
the IDE one took a lot less figuring out...

I've burnt data, audio etc. with it - and it makes FreeBSD bootable CD's a
treat :) Your mileage may vary with other IDE ones, I've had no problems so
far...

-Kp