Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 1996 17:52:33 -0700
From:      Bill <bill@wagill.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Encrypted operator password in ircd

Hello.

I am running FreeBSD 2.1

I have installed irc-2.8.21.

The default configuration has encryption turned on for server operators (O:
and o: lines).

There are no utilities in /usr/local/bin (or there abouts) to do the
password encryption.

Then I finally found the /usr/ports/net/irc/work/irc2.8.21/ircd/crypt
directory.  There, "make install" does not work (even after I edited the
make file to have the correct path for ircd.conf), and mkpasswd is not
executable.

Then I changed the config.h include file to disable the operator password
encryption, and could not get ircd to make again.

Any ideas?

Please help.

Thank you.

- Bill.