Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 23:35:15 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        Joe McGuckin <joe@via.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help - make world fails

On Sun, Mar 01, 1998 at 04:21:50PM +1100, John Birrell wrote:
> Joe McGuckin wrote:
> > cc -pipe -DPERMIT_CONSOLE -D_SKEY_INTERNAL -I/usr/src/lib/libskey -W -Wall -Werror -I/usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -c /usr/src/lib/libskey/skeyaccess.c -o skeyaccess.o
>
> The src/lib/libskey/Makefile has -Werror in CFLAGS. Your build is
> failing due to the warnings (not errors) that the compiler is
> generating. Are your header files up-to-date?

Yes they are.  I am seeing the same thing, and I checked to make sure that
the headers were up-to-date and that my CVS tree was as well.

> The CVS log entry that added the "CFLAGS+=-W -Wall -Werror" implies
> that the library *should* compile cleanly.
>
> --
> John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org; jb@freebsd.org
> CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137

Well, that may be what's implied, but the errors-from-warnings problem is
currently present in a few places, including the skey library and the lpr
suite.

And, in both, it prevents a make world from working.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly to FULL DS-3 Service