Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:42:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [4.5] Upgrading to XFree-4.2 grrrrr

At Tue, 4 Jun 2002 it looks like Kris Kennaway composed:

> You might find it easier to just use the packages.  You probably have
> stale files in /usr/X11R6 that are confusing the build, but it's
> impossible to know unless you post the actual errors.

Thanks Kris,

I was getting build errors till I 'rm -rf /usr/X11R6/*' then the
same builds went fine.

There is just a ton of *#@t to build though, /usr/ports/x11/*
etc.

Thanks again to you and Jonathan Chen for the help in getting me
pointed in the right direction. It kinda funny that one can use
FreeBSD with absolutly no problems and never need to venture
down this road due to its stability.

--
Bill Schoolcraft