Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:54:33 -0600
From:      HCoyote <hcoyote@ghostar.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: success with GA-K8VNXP but problem with IDE disk

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 09:23:17AM +0900, Nakata Maho wrote:

> Additional commment for my e-mail:
>
> Century-Micro (may not familiar for people outside Japan, but
> this vendor is very famous for stableness)
> http://www.century-micro.com/
>
> 512Mb PC2700 with
>
> DRAM
> NANYA 0303
> NT5DS64MBT-6K
> 23560BPT
>
> with ECC chip
> Hitachi 2M4RCDCV857
>
> _DOESN'T WORK_
>
> ECC chip
> CCP174SSTVF
> 16857A
> A503110C
>
> WORKS!
>
> symptom is following:
> just after doing make world, around 5 miniutes, Opteron machine
> cholks :(

Sounds like a particular revision of Buffalo memory we had.

My biggest suggestion for dealing with specing an Opteron system's memory parts
is to look at http://www.cmtlabs.com/ and see what the recommended memory is
for your chosen motherboard.

We've had good success with ATP and Infineon on the Rioworks HDAMA.

(if needed, I can get the specific part numbers on Monday when I'm back at
work)

Travis