Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:52:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: quasi-newbie question #1 answered

Actually you solved the mystery but I'm still stuck.
At home I'm running a Cisco 2924 with both cards in
the same vlan and I forgot about that pesky TCP/IP
thingy.  I'll tinker with isolating the monitoring
port (the one with rl1) in say...vlan 100 and have it
monitor vlan 1 (everything else).  The snorting
interface really should not be able to communicate
with anything anyway.

Unfortunately my production server is under my direct
and complete control in every sense of the word.  I
can't simply start vlanning things on a core switch in
a datacenter just cause it suits me.  So now I need to
figure out if I can simply kill that stupid message.
Is there anything I can do/read/config in kernel to
make this thing stop?

Thanks again for that bonk on the head aboot the
reason ARPs are being received on different
interfaces, I'll keep at it and let you know if
vlaning works.

=====