Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:52:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>, Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, re@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0 showstopper

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Dan Nelson wrote:

> In the last episode (Dec 13), Julian Elischer said:
> > It's always been there. the question is
> > "Who has broken it?"

I think this is a 5.0 showstopper. Having 5.0 overwrite your
Windows partition would be "poor" PR.
Having a quick look at it, it shouldn't be too hard for PHK
to fix it as he has all the correct parts currently "loaded"
into his head. Especially such things as making GEOM not allow writes
to -ve blocknumbers (as must have happenned for root to have been
overwritten).