Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 1996 06:10:26 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        friede@sybase.com
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, gjennejohn@frt.dec.com, hackers@freebsd.org, isdn@muc.ditec.de
Subject:   Re: Status of ISDN drivers

> You would be able to implement that.
> If you do not find anybody. I would be interested to do it myself.

That's a very kind offer, but I believe that between Gary, Greg and I
(and probably a number of other folks in Germany) we can probably do
it remotely.  See below as to why this is probably the only thing
that will work. :(

> I am working for Sybase ( in Holland ) up to end of February.

I thought you were on an island in Spain? :-)

> I could come to California in April to test and fix the US protocols.
> Is there any possibility in support - machines, ISDN interfaces (S0), expense
s,
> accomodation , ... ???

I'm afraid not - the U.S. ISDN scene here is still very young, and
available resources are very thin.  For example, I'm the only person
on the west coast that I know of who's actually using a FreeBSD box
directly for ISDN - everyone else buys Ascend routers and such.
Walnut Creek's own interest is very small - basically, once I got my
link working they stopped thinking about it.. ;-) It's going to be a
struggle just finding funding for another 2 cards, I think.

If it were a more active scene, with a couple of FreeBSD ISDN users
(to be honest, I don't even know of any *Linux* ISDN users - ISDN
still being that slow to take off here) then I'd definitely try to
figure out some way for you to come out, but it's simply too small
a group right now.  It wouldn't be worth it for you or us! :(

> By the way, could you please put my adress friede@ibm.net on hackers@freebsd.
org .

If you're sure! :-) Done.  You can unsubscribe yourself at any time by
sending an unsubscribe request to majordomo@freebsd.org

					Jordan