Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:11:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Brennan Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: es1371 Sound Card

I am running FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.  I synced and rebuilt the world a couple
weeks ago and should have a decent version, although the sound drivers may
have some issues.

Last night I changed my kernel config from "device pcm" to "device
pcm0" and that did not have any affect really.

My card should be a Vibra16, maybe.  I is an es1371 for sure.  I am not
sure if that means it is a Vibra16.  It came in a SoundBlaster box.

I am wondering if I should delete the sound devices and run MAKEDEV again,
or if MAKEDEV will handle replacing old drivers when it is run.

I have followed the instructions in the man pages and the online handbook
closely, what can I do to troubleshoot this?

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

This signature is just here to take up space.