Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:50:03 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "Kent Boortz" <kent@erix.ericsson.se>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Building a server from parts, advice needed?

Kent,

If you're going to spend the money on a 1U case, I'd reccomend starting with
a nice Intel or other high-end motherboard with onboard controllers (keeping
your 1 PCI slot open for future expansion).  IIRC, there's one out there
with onboard video, 2 ethernet ports (fxp), and SCSI.  This would make for a
nice base for either of your applications.

Additionally, I'd reccomend IBM SCSI drives and Intel Etherexpress Pro/100
NICs.  Beyond that, it's all the same.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

They told me to think out of the box, but I
tripped over it, now I own my own company.