Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 00:47:20 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        "Alex M" <alex@myzona.net>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RELENG_4_3 calls itself -RELEASE?

On Friday 03 August 2001 12:40 am, Alex M wrote:
> Why are you surprised to see 4.3-release again? were you trying to
> track -stable? then you should use the stable-supfile.
> Handbook covers this issue very clearly about the branches.

Not at all, as I said, I intended to update to RELENG_4_3.

My surprise came from the fact that, in my mind, I am no longer running
4.3-RELEASE, but something more recent. It seems to me that this 'version' of
FreeBSD should reports itself as something other than the -RELEASE that it
was derived from.

I'm happy that my system is running RELENG_4_3, this is a more general
question about what we should call a system compiled from the RELENG_4_3
branch.

Thanks!