Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:22:02 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   post-install of kernal sources, maxusers max?

I'm working on a 4.1 system with only a binary install.  Now I need
to do a custom kernal.   Can the /stand/systinstall post-config
option be used to put on all the developer source pkg without
bothering the current config.

It's a 200 K msg/day mail hub.

All I need to change is maxusers since we're getting the error from postfix:

Nov  8 04:59:41 postfix/qmgr[16383]: fatal: socket: No buffer space available
Nov  8 04:59:41 postfix/smtp[16872]: fatal: socket: No buffer space available
Nov  8 05:00:58 postfix/qmgr[16876]: fatal: socket: No buffer space available

Increasing maxusers will fix this pb?

On the postfix list, it seems someone has heard that FreeBSD should
not be run at above maxusers = 128, while somebody else said they
were running with 256 happily.

Comments, please?

Len

http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com: ISC BIND 8.2.2 p5 & 8.2.3 T6B for NT4 & W2K