Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 00:46:22 -0500
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Regarding Upgrade

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 12:24:00AM -0400, Matt Garcia wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I finished doing an upgrade for freebsd from
> 4.5-stable to 4.7RC.  I had a question regarding the
> mergemaster.  After everything is done when running
> the mergemaster everything on the LEFT side is new and
> everything on the right side is old or is it vice
> versa ? i forgot which is which.

Heh, I used to have to go to the man page, or a book I had every time.

I finally figured out a mneumonic, but it's so complex, I'm not going to
mention it here, it has to do with the right brain being the dreamer and
looking ahead.  :)  (Well, I sort of mentioned it, but...)

Left is old, right is new--easier to determine when you're looking at
things like /etc/passwd---because only the left side will have the users
you've added. =20
>=20

--=20

Scott

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6 )

Xander: Cavalry's here! Cavalry's a scared guy with a club, but
it's here!=20

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--