Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 1996 10:19:10 -0400
From:      Rob Miracle <rwm@MPGN.COM>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   Spontanious Reboots

We have had our FreeBSD system reboot a couple of times (about a week
apart).  This is probably some kernel panic.  (PentiumPro 200, 256M memory,
Adaptec 29?? PCI SCSI host adapter, SMC EtherEZ PNP - hand configured)

Is there any way to find out why it rebooted?  /var/log/messages did not
have any info.  Is there a Kernel dump or anything that I can go to to try
to find out.

BTW:  We are using the 2.2-Current (the 8/1 snap) with the most recent
sysv_shm.c
changes.

Thanks
Rob