Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:12:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      root@vetex.dhis.org
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.2 wont install

I previously had 2.2.7 installed on my TI 4000E
laptop and working fine, there is one peculiar
thing about this laptop though, the hard drive is
810 meg and the bios only supports 504 meg
but 2.2.7 worked fine after setting the bios to 504 meg
freebsd just figured it out on its own.

I went and made 22 floppies for 3.2 and proceed to
install bin from floppy and it gets all the way to
"extracting bin into / directory" and
just stops with "1024 bytes read from bin dist chunk
1 of 106 @ 1kb/sec"

I tried this with a cdrom mounted on another ftp server and
parrallel port connection with the same exact result.

am i stuck with 2.2.whatever for now?

E-Mail: root@vetex.dhis.org or kf7nn@kf7nn.com
Date: 19-Aug-99
Time: 11:04:23

If money can't buy happiness, I guess you'll just have to rent it.

This message was sent using FreeBSD Unix.