Date:      Wed, 21 May 2014 07:10:54 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com
Subject:   Re: Done with this port

Am 21.05.2014 03:49, schrieb Paul Schmehl:

> Thanks.  With some of my ports I have been really struggling trying to
> get staging working.  I'd be very interested to see what you did, since
> it was apparently easy for you to do.

A bit of experience with packaging helped indeed.

The differences are visible in this automated message:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-ports-head/2014-May/058212.html

The INSTALL_TARGET that sets the INSTALL_ROOT (supported by iwidget's
Makefile) is useful, and more help (for the MANN conversion) is
available on the FreeBSD Wiki:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/ports/StageDir/