Date:      Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:08:20 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        Chris Hardie <chris@summersault.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=0 not effective in filtering bridge?

in fact one_pass does not work with bridging,
it might be as simple as changing one line in bridge.c

    if (ip_fw_chk_ptr && bdg_ipfw != 0 && src != NULL) {
        struct ip *ip ;
        int i;

-       if (rule != NULL) /* dummynet packet, already partially processed */
+       if (rule != NULL && fw_one_pass)
            goto forward; /* HACK! I should obey the fw_one_pass */

but i never had a chance to test it.
If you want to give this a try, I'd be glad to know how it works.

	cheers
	luigi