Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 18:59:43 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers@forestry.umn.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount permissions on zip dirve

On Tuesday 12 February 2002 10:36 am, Kirk R. Wythers wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a zip250 so that anyone in the wheel group can
> mount it (at this point I'd settle for just not needing to be root, i.e.
> anyone at all). I'm at the end of my rope here... what's the trick?

I use "op" (in the ports collection); lots of people use "sudo" but I like
"op" better.

That said, I think it's possible.  Do the mount point and the dev entry both
give the wheel group write permission?  As aI recall there's something more
to do besides that, but memory grows dim.  That's a mininum that you
definately need, though.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org
http://www.eff.org   <-- GOOD GUYS -->  http://www.programming-freedom.org