Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:14:31 -0400
From:      "Michael A. Smith" <msmith@code-fu.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xterm-color (again!)

I've searched the archives and gotten nowhere (found lots of stuff, but
none of it seems to work). I'll post this perennial favorite again!

I'm running 4 FreeBSD boxes (two x86 workstations running XF86 4.2, two
alpha servers without X). All are tracking STABLE and their ports are
up-to-date. I've never been able to get color working on the console, in
X (with xterm) or remotely (via SSH). This applies to both simple
coloring in the shell (e.g. when running ls) and syntax highlighting in vim.

All do this when SSHed into Linux boxes.

I've tweaked the $TERM value on a workstation to "xterm-color" --
nothing happens. TERM is set to xterm-color on my servers, but no color
there either.

Any clues? I'd LOVE to get this working.

Thanks!
--
Michael A. Smith <msmith@code-fu.com>
Programmer at Large