Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:36:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Kevin M. Dulzo" <kdulzo@caffeine.internal.enteract.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Second of two NFS woes.

	Is it sane to mount file systems via NFS through localhost?  I
know this seems wierd, but when i use symbolic links to my NFS exported
directory for /usr/src and /usr/obj cc bombs out randomly with internal
errors.  It had no problemsa building world when on local partitions.
However when I use NFS mounts for these; gcc is fine...but after a period
of time the machine pseudo-halts.  I can't login it just hangs; messages
and other hosts show nfs server is down...but smtp (qmail) chugs along
with no lag...as did an irc client and vty switching.  (no load on machine
or anything wierd)  my only solution is to reboot.  The other fun issue is
im unsure of wether this is due to having a NFSV3 mount from a sparc (see
prior message) or the localhost mount...or both.

	Please respond via email as I'm having trouble subscribing.
	-Kevin

+==--
|     Kevin M. Dulzo			      Check us out!	 |
|Jr. System Administrator		 http://www.enteract.com |
|    Enteract, L.L.C.			mailto: info@enteract.com|
|  kdulzo@enteract.com			      (773)248-8511	 |
							     --==+