Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 01:32:46 GMT
From:      john@goodleaf.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   new thread library--how to use?

I've seen a lot of info floating around on the fixing of the pthread code
for the upcoming 4.2. My questions is: how do I use it? If I want to use it
in buildworlds will that happen automatically, ie through the makefile, or
do I have to add a flag to make.conf? (Or the kernel configuration...)

I have a SMP machine. Am I correct in assuming that the thread improvements
will enhance performance?

Finally, how well tested is this? As I recall, it was MFC'd only a little
while ago...

Thanks,
John