Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 02:02:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
To:        John Andersen <jsa@pen.homeip.net>
Cc:        ecerejo@zapo.net, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Questions not showing up

On Sun, 5 May 2002, John Andersen wrote:

> I have no idea what that is...?

Its a list of IPs used for transient connections (such as dialups or DHCP
leases) by various ISPs. Some people refuse to accept mail directly from
these IPs as most of it is spam and the ppl can always realy via their
ISPs mail server.

> Where does one get differential pricing?

Places where data is expensive...I used to work in a country area and just
the telco charges were horrific without even getting to the data charges.
We used to pull a lot of data via satellite which was much cheaper but the
latency was pretty high. Mail doesn't notice that. If we had the kind of
customers who sent/received a lot of mail we would have found some wy to
encourage them to get their mail via satellite.

Andrew