Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:20:02 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sometimes ipr0 doesn't send packets - it seems

I've been out for lunch. Left my machine at 12:35 after doing
some ISDN activity. Everything worked fine. Maybe I played some
sound/midi  files after the line was timed out. I also
don't want to lead you on the wrong trail (Holzweg) , Hellmuth,
when I'm mentioning 'sound' here.

Anyway, when I came back at 14:14 - long lunch time, eh? ;-) -
I sat at the computer, typed the usual 'rlogin gil' in my xterm
(which is aliased to an ssh, btw.) and nothing happened.
The usual infamous 'jhs-beep' could be heard, vty6 was showing
rwth: incoming alert, rwth: call active (ctl 0 , ch 0) etc.
but no packets. Nothing. Not even a ping to the peer point
possible. I let the line time out (connection time 4 minutes) -
my various activities kept the shorthold timer from counting down -
and rebooted.

After that I could immediately login again to the remote site.
The tracefile including all activities of today can be found
at

ftp://gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de/incoming/isdn.trace.gz
(33405 bytes)