Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:31:52 -0700
From:      Matt Tagg <wamatt@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   find with -delete option on absolute paths

Hey BSD folks

I believe this was discussed previously (2013), though I could not
find a resolution.

To recap, suppose we try deleting files on an absolute path:

matt@mtbook:/% find /tmp/foo/* -delete
find: -delete: /tmp/foo/bar.txt: relative path potentially not safe

As you can see it gives an error and quits. However if we instead try this:

matt@mtbook:/% gfind /tmp/foo/* -delete

GNU Find throws no error and works as expected ('bar.txt is deleted')

So as an end user, I find this rather confusing. How can I get the
same behavior with BSD Find out of the box?

Thanks
- m