Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:42:13 -0500
From:      "Donald J . Maddox" <dmaddox@sc.rr.com>
To:        shahmeer@UVic.CA
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenGL Accelleration

You can use the utah-glx port to get decent hardware-accelerated
OpenGL on the TNT2, although it won't use AGP/DMA, as apparently
NVidia does not release the necessary docs/source to implement it.

Also, I believe utah-glx only works with XFree86-3.3.6.

Overall, it works well, but some GL programs will lock my machine
up solid.  I haven't determined what exactly causes this yet...
The bzflag port, for example, will get to the point where it is
testing the performance of various rendering quality levels during
initialization, and when it starts to test 'highest quality' mode,
the machine locks up tight as a drum.  YMMV.