Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:10:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
To:        Tim Ryder <jawse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, tim@freeride.com
Subject:   Re: Sound configuration

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Tim Ryder wrote:
> I have installed freebsd 3.2 on my compaq prosignia
> 150 laptop and have recompiled to kernel for the
> proper pcmcia support, but I can't seem to find the
> right information on how to configure my internal
> sound system.  If there is any documentation on how to
> do this it would be greatly appreciated or has any
> succesfully done this on a compaq prosignia 150.

	What I did was look in the LINT kernel config file for examples
and read the printed copy of The Complete FreeBSD for details on making
the snd0 device.  You might want to start with reding through the LINT
file and looking for the lines that deal with sound cards and then making
sure that you "cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV snd0" as root.  Or something *like*
that.

						Good luck,
						Jaime