Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:01:01 +0100
From:      Kevin Golding <kevin@caomhin.demon.co.uk>
To:        karl agee <kdagee@attglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: anyone seen this book???

Someone, quite probably karl agee, once wrote:
>FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your Personal Computer,
>Second Edition
>
>I havent seen this one yet...has good reviews on amazon.
>

>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0971204519/qid=1027674641/sr=2-3/ref=sr_2
>_3/102-4165403-2064953

Yep, even own a copy.  It's a little hit and miss depending on your
level and the software you run (iirc Bash is the only shell it talks
about which considering it's not even part of the base system is a bit
annoying but I guess a lot of people do prefer Bash, especially Linux
converts).

It's not a bad price for a computing book especially as it does come
with an OS and there are far worse things to spend your money on.
Because of it's size it does make for a pretty handy book to have near
your machine for those things you don't do very often and/or stand to
read another man page about.

http://www.bsdtoday.com/2001/December/Features612.html

Kevin
--