Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 1996 12:31:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Steven G. Kargl" <kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   sup server mirror out-of-sync

Hackers,

I have happily used sup to maintain my local -stable source
directory.  However, lately I've notice that the sup server
mirrors sup2, sup3, and sup5 appear to be either out-of-date
or flawed in some way.  For example, (wrapped to fit)

src-secure release=stable host=sup3.FreeBSD.org hostbase=/home base=/usr \
prefix=/usr/src delete old use-rel-suffix

should retrieve the src-secure distribution.  However, it seems to
get src-sys from sup3.

On sup5, the following works

src-base release=stable host=sup5.FreeBSD.org hostbase=/home base=/usr \
prefix=/usr/src delete old use-rel-suffix

unfortunately this causes the creation of TODO-2.1/ with the accompanying
out-of-date TODO files for several core team members (and contributors?).
This was deleted long, long ago.

The only recourse that one has is to sup from sup.freebsd.org.  This is
not a good thing from the stand point of the load on freefall.

Yes, I know about CTM.

Yes, I know that 2.1.5 has a BETA SNAP out, and -stable might be meeting
a timely death (although Paul Richards(?) has volunteered to maintain a
bugfix only branch for 2.1.5).

Is it too much trouble to ask the maintainers of the sup server mirrors
to check their distributions?

--
Steve

finger kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu