Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:01:31 +0200
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@interbizz.se>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        kaj@interbizz.se
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 crash

 >> > What's the next step to figuring out this problem?
 >>
 >> What you are seeing is almost certainly a hardware failure.

 DO> Would memory just start going bad?  This machine has been stable
 DO> running the 2.2-STABLE branch for over a year not.

Hardware goes bad quite randomly ... I recently had a few crashes
during tough load (make buildworld + other simultaneous
compilations). It turned out my CPU fan had stopped spinning.

The only crash I _ever_ experienced on FreeBSD before that was due to
interference between the power chord and my foot.  :-)

// Rasmus

--
kaj@cityonline.se --------------- Rasmus Kaj - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
 \               CityOnLine IB Production AB - http://www.CityOnLine.se/