Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 1996 22:57:10 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Sean Batson <valtech@caribnet.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Shell Security

Sean Batson wrote:

> Are there any restricted unix shells
> for FreeBSD with good security. At
> present my system is like an open-sapulka(play ground, brothel)
> were confidential data and network config files
> are being viewed, downloaded and I
> would really like to restrict untrusted
> users, to their home directories.
>
> Are there any such shell available?
>
> Sean.

Yea, Sean. There are several, I'm not a restricted shell user
so I can't give you definate names, I do belive though that
they follow the same names with a 'r' prepended..
so: bash is rbash, csh is rcsh.

This is only an assumption built from fried memory cells. :(

I'm sure someone with > then I knowledge on this subject will
reply..

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848