Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:09:08 -0400
From:      Lisandro Grullon <lisandrogrullon07@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Need to edit rc.conf, but FS won't allow. [Thank you, Solved]

> Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 19:36:02 +0200> From: gabor@FreeBSD.org> To: lisan=
drogrullon07@hotmail.com> CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org> Subject: Re: N=
eed to edit rc.conf, but FS won't allow.> > Lisandro Grullon escribi=F3:> >=
 Hi all,> > I was playing around with rc.conf under /etc and accidentally d=
idn't quote properly one of my "YES" entries, now the system won't boot. I =
tried booting into single user and re-editing the file, yet the time I trie=
d saving it it tells me that the root files systm is read only. Is ther a w=
ay around this. > > > / is read-only in single user mode. Use "mount -u /" =
to remount / witht > the default options in /etc/fstab after booting into s=
ingle user mode. > You should be able to edit rc.conf now.> > Regards,> > -=
- > Gabor Kovesdan> FreeBSD Volunteer> > EMAIL: gabor@FreeBSD.org .:|:. gab=
or@kovesdan.org> WEB: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gabor .:|:. http://kovesda=