Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 20:31:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      arios@sdf.lonestar.org
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help....

  Hi there.  I am writing to request some help. with my X server as well as sound card
help  I can get the X server to work for my Root user only but the other
users @home can not use it at all.  I keep getting XFree86 Version 3.3.6
eventhough I went into /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4 and typed make
it went threw no problem, but the X 4.0.3 refuses to work for Root or the
other accounts.  On the consol.  How can I get it to work as the Default
X server instead of the 3.3.6.

Second I keep getting /dev/dsp: Device not configured.  First off what is that
Device for and how on earth do I configure it?

Thanks for your help.