Date:      Sun, 16 Dec 2001 23:45:16 +0100
From:      Raf Schietekat <sky92136@skynet.be>
To:        Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kdm grants ordinary users root access on 4.4-R

Raf Schietekat wrote:

> Matt Piechota wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Strange.  My kde2 (or are we talking kde1?) doesn't show this behavior.

That's probably because you configured it correctly. As I have written,
I had used xdm's Xsession for kdm's Xstartup (there was no error message
for Xsession at that point, and xdm didn't have an Xstartup, so I just
guessed... wrong, and it only seemed to work). Now I've moved it back to
Xsession and put some proper echo "#!/bin/sh" contents in Xreset and in
a new Xstartup. After that, the problem disappeared. I have reported
this on bugs.kde.org. Now I have to see about some proper documentation
about this for FreeBSD (if it exists, I missed it).

--
Raf Schietekat <Raf_Schietekat@ieee.org>