Date:      Sun, 09 Jan 2000 16:44:31 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Pedro Almeida <pedro@qui.uc.pt>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, misc@openbsd.org, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Serial + ISDN + Ethernet port Router!

Hi!

I was contacted to project the link of a medium business office to an other
independent office and to the InterNet.

The options that I know to exist in the market are based on Cisco routers.
I need a Serial(syncronous) link to the other office (this link is permanent),
and the link to the Internet is based on dial-on-demand ISDN link.
This two links must have independent trafic.
The other office must not connect to the Net using the "our side" ISDN link
I think this is "simple" using the apropriate rules of routing/firewalling!

The question is?
Is this possible using a *BSD router?
If so, what hardware do I need?
Can I use ipf as my firewall software?
The serial link is my problem since I don't have this type of link at home!

 Thanks in advance,

        Pedro

Pedro Almeida                   (A.K.A. GoDfAThEr)
Departamento de Física
Universidade de Coimbra
3000 Coimbra
Portugal