Date:      Sat, 01 May 2010 14:14:28 -0400
From:      John Pollock <johnpollock@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firefox3 - can't deinstall

Hi,

Am running FreeBSD 8.0 p2, and had installed Firefox3.
Since it keeps crashing when viewing some web pages, I wanted to
deinstall it.

When I cd /usr/ports/www/firefox3 then run make deinstall, I get a error
message that port is not installed.

Which brings up a question, when installing using ports I normally run
make install clean.

Does this prevent then at later date make deinstall?

I was hoping to use the package version of firefox3 to see if it worked
any better.. any suggestions tips would be most appreciative.

JP