Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@clickarray.com (Satoshi Asami)
To:        committers@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: Ports Freeze at noon PST Mon Sept. 3rd

Hello world,

The ports freeze for 4.4 release will be at noon PST (7PM UTC)
tomorrow 9/3, about 25 hours from now.

As usual, the freeze itself will only last a couple of hours while I
tag the tree and arrange the final package build.  The tree will then
be unfrozen but any commit made from that time on will not be
reflected in the final release.

I have one special request this time.  Since we are cutting the freeze
very close to the final release, and due to some hardware failures
that caused some machines to leave the rotation, we will not have time
to restart the build if something fails.  It is especially crucial for
important packages like kde and gnome which is required by
sysinstall.

So, if you maintain one of these packages, please be extra-cautious
about making any changes to them, even before the freeze.  Also,
please monitor the package build error logs (I will post the exact URL
to the lists when the build starts) constantly and fix/notify me
immediately if something goes wrong (such as checksum mismatch) so we
can discuss the solutions.

Thanks!
-PW