Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:11:44 -0700
From:      Marcio Saito <marcio@cyclades.com>
To:        support@freebsd.org, David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Subject:   [Fwd: Serious problem with Cyclom card (fwd)]

Hello.

This is Marcio Saito from Cyclades. We have a customer having
some problems with a Cyclom-YeP (16 ports, PCI) in FreeBSD.

We took him through the installation and everything seems to be
fine but, according to him, there are two remaining problems:

- SILO overflows.
- Random System reboots.

I would appreciate if you could give us some help on this. For
reference, I'm including fragments of the user message.

Thanks.

Marcio.
--
> A have a serious problem with Cyclom-16YeP under FreeBSD 2.2.2.

> When I reconfigure kernel, OS detected card without any
problem.
> After that, I'm setup one port for accepting dial-in calls.
> (Port ttyc00 locked at 57600). When user connected to my server

> and begin transfer data from him to server, I'm observing
> "silo overflow" error messages. Its my first problem. Second
> problem, and most serious: server with Cyclom card reboot at
random
> time without any visible reason.

> My hardware:
> Pentium-133 (motherboard with Intel 430FX chipset),
> 32M RAM, 2G FastSCSI HDD (IBM DORS series),
> NCR-810 based SCSI adapter, PCI video card,
> and, of course, Cyclom-16YeP multiport card.
>
> IRQ reported by FreeBSD:
> Cyclom card: IRQ 10,
> SCSI adapter: IRQ 11,
> VGA PCI card: IRQ 12.
>
> Other devices:
> NE2000-compatible card at IRQ 5, port 0x300.
> FDD controller at IRQ 6 (DRQ 2) at ISA bus.
>
> Intergrated on-board IDE controller and serial ports are
disabled.

> My old multiport ARNET-compatible board working without any
problem
> at this platform. So, I'm sure, that my hardware is Ok.

Marcio Saito
Product Manager/Dir. of Technology
mailto:marcio@cyclades.com - voice: 510-770-9727 x214
Cyclades Corporation - http://www.cyclades.com