Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:31:20 -0800
From:      "John P. Campbell" <jcampbell@intacct.com>
To:        Peter Shpak <s_ain_t@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree4.0.2 and wheel mice?

I have it working fine with my Logitech Wheel Mouse:

 Identifier  "Mouse1"
 Driver  "mouse"
 Option "Protocol"    "auto"
 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
 Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"

I tried unsuccessfully with the "Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical USB" mouse, and
switched back to the Logitech.  This scrolls fine with most applications.
Netscape requires a little more tweaking though.

jpc

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 03:21:54PM -0800, Peter Shpak wrote:
> Hi,
> if someone out there is using a wheel mouse (and the
> wheel functions as intended) please help me set it
> (the wheel mouse) with XFree86-4.0.2
> i have tried everything and still nothing.
> i was trying to use imwheel from the ports. but it
> does not work. I mean the prog runs but the wheel
> still does not scroll.
>
> here is a section from my XF86Config file.
>

> Section "InputDevice"
>
> # Identifier and driver
>
>     Identifier	"Mouse1"
>     Driver	"mouse"
>     Option "Protocol"    "MouseSystems"
>     Option "Device"      "/dev/sysmouse"
>     Option "Buttons" "5"
>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> as i said whith this config it does not scroll
> anything.
> please help..
>
> Peter

John P. Campbell
Intacct Corporation
408-395-0961
720 University Ave. Ste. 100
Los Gatos CA 95032
www.intacct.com

"Those who hate Windows use Linux; those who love Unix use FreeBSD."