Date:      Mon, 26 Sep 2005 18:11:32 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   resume (from S3) not working on Sony Vaio [Was: Re: powerd (cpufreq) problems]

--nextPart2030991.vR1g8PzcBg

Am Dienstag, 20. September 2005 13:40 CEST schrieb Bruno Ducrot:
[...]
> > Some questions left: Does cpufreq check for different drivers and
> > attach the next best which seems to fit?
>
> In theory yes.
>
> > Does the acpi_perf/ichss driver also adjust the core voltage according
> > to the frequency?
>
> Yes.  But not all of the frequencies you see will scale voltages,
> probably because you have acpi_throttle enabled it seems.
>
> > Thanks a lot, now I need someone to help me with my S3 suspend death
> > ;)
>
> Well, I'm supposed to help you there as well somehow, but I have to
> look a little bit deeper into FreeBSD acpi implementation.

Thanks a lot for your help. I waited to rebuild a new kernel after some pci=
=20
powerdown changes were polished but it seems this is not relevant to my=20
suspend/resume problem.
Again, with BETA5 fro mtoday I can successfully go into suspend mode but=20
after repowering my laptop neither the hard disk nor the display wake up,=20
just the power LED's. Unfortunately this Sony power connector isn't=20
something common, so I can't just inject an adapter to see if anything at=20
all wakes up by watching the current.
How can I provide more information?

Thanks for any help in advance!

=2DHarry