Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:33:11 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   jdk13 plugin patches

I have been working through the plugin directory.  So far, I have
patches for almost all compiler errors.  I expect to finish the rest of
the compiler errors soon.  However, JavaVM5.cpp has a puzzling include,

#include "gdk/gdk.h"

Now, there is no gdk directory anywhere in the j2sdk source, nor is
there a gdk.h file!  There is a gdksuperwin.h file, but that also has
the above include along with some other mysterious gdk-related
includes.  What it missing?

Also, there seem to be a lot of purely bad programming errors, as if no
one ever tried to compile the code before.  Maybe the Sun C compiler is
more lenient?  Presumably, it compiler before on Linux...

If anyone has a clue about the gdk stuff, please let me know.

/Joe